Something about this Coronavirus does not add up: its spread, timing, government responses, competition, fear, profiteering, obsession.
0. What if COVID-19 is in meat, it came from animals? There are now outbreaks in 115 facilities across 23 states, 5000+ workers, or about 60% of workers, plus 200 inspectors, are infected, with 20 dead. While 66% percent of hospitalized patients in New York have been staying at home. How have then been getting the virus? Plus total daily new cases has not gone down since the lockdowns started.
1. Why does the U.S. have 20x the cases as China, while China has 3x the population as the U.S.? Is our government that incompetent and society that vulnerable?
2. How can virus so contagious that it can take over the entire world in a few months not have been spread millennia ago? We are told that virus came from bats in China and roughly three percent of local citizens tested carried antibodies against the coronaviruses, what kept it from spreading until now? The virus binds more tightly to human-ACE2 receptor than to any of the other animals tested.[1.0]
3. Why did the pandemic happen now: at the peak stock market, before a U.S. presidential election, as China was struggling to overcome protests in Hong Kong? Just coincidences.
4. Why aren’t governments cooperating, sharing knowledge, publishing findings for vaccine development and best treatments? President Trump is offering large sums of money to German scientists working on a vaccine so it would be exclusive to the USA. Instead of working together, the U.S. and China are engaged in a war of words over blame. Recent U.S. initiated trade wars with China and Europe plus British exit from the EU already stressed international ties. Why is Australia starting cure drug trials and the U.S. is playing catchup? Why are they telling us there will be a vaccine, when one has never been able to developed for a coronavirus like SARS or MERS?
5. If this virus is similar to SARS and MERS, why has it evolved differently to spread so quickly by not killing its host unlike MERS or SARS? These viruses did not expand as widely because they lacked something COVID-19 and because of their higher mortality rate literally killing its host so it could not spread as quickly.
6. Why is the media obsessed with this outbreak when 100x more people die from cancer or heart disease? 7,500 people have died from COVID-19 while 1,350,000 (yes million) people die from traffic accidents per year Why does the media and government strive to divide and separate us?
8. Why is America sitting on its butt in fear while China is able to ramp up mask production from 20 million to over 100 million in just a few weeks? As of March 11, only 25,000 people had been tested in the U.S. While South Korea has tested 247,000 people. South Korea has 15 percent of the population that the U.S. does but has test 10x more people.
9. Why are no early-onset home-based treatments published by the government, health institutions or media? Why are medicinal herb treatments ignored while some may be effective treatments early on?
10. Why is our government failing to support working people living pay check to pay check during this crisis? Why did the Republicans gut paid sick leave in the Coronavirus Bill? Why isn’t our government guaranteeing free medical care to all people who test positive? Where is the guarantee of unemployment insurance if you are laid off because of a shut down?
10. How can the U.S. Federal government spend 3x or 4x an entire year’s $2 trillion federal budget for the COVID emergency? Where is this money coming from?
What if the drug companies released the virus?
11. Why aren’t all eyes on Taiwan? Taiwan has a population of 23 million, is only 81 miles from China, and has 400,000 people working in China. But, Taiwan has less than 100-200 cases. We can learn a lot from Taiwan’s response to the outbreak and their use of their national health system.
12. With reaction to the virus shutting down the economy, just how are households and business going to pay their bills and debt? With oil and gas prices now below U.S. Shale producer’s costs what is going to happen to domestic energy production? At what point will the federal government become insolvent? Just the first 2 trillion stimulus alone doubles the Federal budget.
13. Why do the developed countries have the most cases per capita?
How far will the stock market fall? Companies with negative profits have no value other than the cash on hand and the near-zero auction value of other assets. Subtract their immense debts and they have negative net worth, and therefore the market value of their stock is zero.
Two Four six million people are infected but no one can agree on the best treatment. Many out-patients with lung infections and difficulty breathing are only being prescribed Paracetamol to reduce fever. No anti-virals, no immune system boosting. For example, from The New Yorker. A New Study Questions the Effectiveness of a Potential “Game Changer” Against the Coronavirus.
15. Why did large businesses and chains get most of the emergency small business loans? Oh ya corruption.
16. If the current world infection rate of about 85,000 people per day continues and we find no vaccine, it will take about 160 years to reach herd immunity.
17. Why is the stock market at an all time high during the worst global crisis in centuries?
Not Only Are the Poor and the Elderly the Primary Victims, But Capitalism and the World as We Have Known it, As Well
If one wanted to take down modern society, a virus may be the best way to do it. The real test to watch for is not only the spread of the Coronavirus, but also the survival of capital. Will the markets stabilize and recover or will wealth evaporate? Most of the world’s financial wealth is fake and concentrated in the hands of very few people. The government-forced closures affect working families and small businesses disproportionately with no safety net given beyond a free Coronavirus test.
Until an effective vaccination becomes widely available, nothing will stop this virus. Government quarantine and media scare efforts are buying more time. But this virus is more virulent than the common flu. Influenza infects 3-5 million people per year and results in up to 650,000 deaths per year. In just two months COVID-19 has infected 190,000 people and caused 7,500 deaths. The threat is particularly higher for older people. COVID-19 is up to 10 times deadlier for people over age 60 than influenza, but more comparable in younger age groups.
It has now been discovered that the Coronavirus has mutated into two strains; one which appears to be far more aggressive than the other. Scientists say this new discovery could hinder attempts to develop a vaccine. Researchers at Peking University’s School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, discovered the virus has evolved into two major lineages – dubbed ‘L’ and ‘S’ types. The older ‘S-type’ appears to be milder and less infectious, while the ‘L-type’ which emerged later, spreads quickly and currently accounts for around 70 per cent of cases. Genetic analysis of a man in the US who tested positive on January 21, also showed it is possible to be infected with both types. The finding comes just days after government health experts warned that the virus could hit Britain in ‘multiple waves’, and led to fears that some vaccines might not work on mutated strains.
What Does Make Sense About This Coronavirus
Greed and the Control System probably would have kept civilization chugging along its merry way of denial for a while longer. But, Mother Nature always bats last. A virus probably took down the Neanderthals that coexisted with Humans for millennia. Smallpox killed millions of Native Americans without firing a single shot.
Planes, trains, automobiles are biologically unnatural and are the cause of this virus’s rapid spread. The internet is the perfect conduit to fan fear. Civilization’s greed and corporate political system prevent planning for the public’s best interest and of course for all other species. If there isn’t money in it, government resists it. There is money in the military but less in public expenses such as schools and hospitals. Thank goodness most of the youth of the future get this and overwhelmingly support Bernie Sander’s liberal agenda.
We may not fully recover from the economic fallout of shutting down the world’s economy and broken supply chains. We have too much debt that cannot be serviced when the GDP stops growing. Pensions cannot survive if half their assets disappear overnight.
It should be said that this is in a way is similar to, but not as fatal, as the smallpox epidemic the Europeans unleashed on Native Americans. Maybe this will give some pause for what civilization has done to Indigenous people and wild species as it spread around the world.
Morning’s Good News: China and Cuba Are Leading the World Fight Against The Coronavirus.
Beijing is mounting a humanitarian aid blitz in countries struggling with their own outbreaks. China is sending more medical experts to Italy this week, on the same day Beijing sent 2,000 rapid diagnostic tests to the Philippines. From Japan to Iraq, Spain to Peru, it has provided or pledged humanitarian assistance in the form of donations or medical expertise. As Cuba sends doctors around the world to help fight coronavirus, a Cuban antiviral drug, Interferon Alpha 2b, is helping countries like China stem the tide of the outbreak. Despite confirming its own first cases, the island is continuing to export medical professionals to the rest of the world.[1.1]
Turn to The Light
Maybe things that are not natural, true, spiritual and real will also be victims? Maybe a better world will emerge from this great suffering. Maybe Americans will finally get health care for all. Maybe we put down our electronics and get back to the garden.
Stick together everyone. Resist the urge to divide. Smile when you see a stranger. A great many of us are suffering. Take care of family, friends and community. Be courteous, be supportive, go the extra mile, be a leader, be well. This too shall pass.
Thoughts From Our Editor Beth Brown
This virus is truly symbolic of how the sickness of the “we” mentality has led us to this point. We are interconnected beings in the web of life…and when one strand of the web “vibrates” it effects all of the other strands in the web. Just look at a map of the spread of the Vir-US…it can be seen clearly. Come together as a collective…for the sake of us all….because we are truly ONE. The panic we are seeing is an indication that people are interested in “living.” Fear is natural when we feel as though our lives are in danger. This virus is a 5-alarm wakeup call for those who have been walking around in the “dead-zone”…on remote control…looking at others “in control” to tell them what to do. And as the patriarchy continues to crumble…and I do believe this struggle for control by the Patriarchy does play a huge part in all of this…this is also a time for us to rise as our own leaders. The main thing is…more heart, soul, emotion of coming together. No one’s coming to save us. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.
Post Editor, Beth Brown.
[Image 2] Business Insider. One chart compares coronavirus cases per capita in the hardest-hit countries around the world — Switzerland, Spain, and Italy top the list. March 26, 2020. Shayanne Gal/Business Insider.
[Image 4] News.com.au. Coronavirus Australia: Queensland researchers find ‘cure’, want drug trial. March 17, 2020. Sarah McPhee.
 NBC News. 58 percent of workers at Tyson meat factory in Iowa test positive for coronavirus. May 6, 2020. Doha, Madani.
 CNBC. Cuomo says it’s ‘shocking’ most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home. May 6–7, 2020. Noah Higgins-Dunn, Kevin Breuninger.
 Johns Hopkins University. COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU). Click Daily Cases in the lower right corner.
 The New York Times. Its Coronavirus Cases Dwindling, China Turns Focus Outward. March 18, 2020. Steven Lee Myers and Alissa J. Rubin.
[1.0] Skynews.com.au. Coronavirus may have been a ‘cell-culture experiment’ gone wrong. May 25, 2020. Sharri Markson
[1.1] MPN News. How Cuba is Leading the World in the Fight Against Coronavirus. March 16 2020. Alan Macleod.
 DW.com. Germany and US wrestle over coronavirus vaccine. March 15, 2020.
 Reuters. Pompeo conveyed ‘strong U.S. objections’ to Beijing over COVID-19 accusations. March 16, 2020. Humeyra Pamuk.
 News.com.au. Coronavirus Australia: Queensland researchers find ‘cure’, want drug trial. March 17, 2020. Sarah McPhee.
 The New York Times. In Virus Hot Spot, Lining Up and Anxious at Drive-in Test Center. March 17, 2020. Sarah Maslin Nir.
 Wikipedia. List of countries by traffic-related death rate.
 South China Morning News. Coronavirus: China’s mask-making juggernaut cranks into gear, sparking fears of over-reliance on world’s workshop. March 12, 2020. Finbarr Bermingham and Su-Lin Tan.
 JAMA Network. Response to COVID-19 in Taiwan: Big Data Analytics, New Technology, and Proactive Testing. March 3, 2020. C. Jason Wang, MD, PhD; Chun Y. Ng, MBA, MPH; Robert H. Brook, MD, ScD.
 Strategic Culture Foundation. Putin Unleashes Strategic Hell on the U.S.. March 15 2020. Tom Luongo.
 Charles Hugh Smith. The Covid-19 Dominoes Fall: The World Is Insolvent. March 15, 2020.
 Wiikipedia. Influenza.
 South China Morning Post. Coronavirus: the new disease Covid-19 explained. Updated daily.
 The Telegraph. Coronavirus has mutated into more aggressive disease, say scientists. Coronavirus has evolved into two major lineages and it is possible to be infected with both, a new study shows. March 5 2020.